One of the top little dishes I've been wanting to make is called Double Dare Peaches. It's (habanero) spiced peaches, in brown sugar and all that yumness, with vanilla ice cream underneath. Nothing too complicated or anything; in fact, it's REALLY simple, and only takes you 30 minutes to do!
I really just want to make this for Maro who's favorite fruit is Peach. Plus, it just seems to fit perfectly in with the season and the current weather (not too hold/cold). Pumpkin pie is the usual Autumn starter, but meh, I want to try something new. Start a tradition, maybeh?
Double Dare Peaches
SUBMITTED BY: carpenterdave @ allrecipes.com
"I double dare ya to try this insane concoction that will give your mouth a bad case of schizophrenia. Take a bite and enjoy the sweet peaches, feel the heat sneak up on you, and put out the fire with ice cream. Peach ice cream is good as well."
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
READY IN: 30 Min
* 1/4 cup butter
* 2 habanero peppers, seeded and halved
* 8 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
* 1/4 cup crushed jalapeno and habanero peanut brittle (such as Klondike Candies®) (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the habanero peppers, and cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and discard the peppers, then stir the peaches into the flavored butter. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until the peaches begin to sizzle in the butter, then stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Continue stirring until the peaches are tender and the sugar has turned into a golden brown glaze, 3 to 5 minutes more.
2. Spoon the peaches into individual bowls. Scoop the ice cream over the peaches, and sprinkle with peanut brittle to serve.