I made this recipe while still in school last year for my Cooking class. The biscotti turned out fantastic (especially since I dipped them in chocolate).
Unfortunately, by the end of the day, I was horribly sick. Turns out, I'm allergic to Walnuts. :D
Easy Walnut Raisin Biscotti
SUBMITTED BY: Corwyn Darkholme @ allrecipes.com
"Easy to make and tasty too!"
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a medium sized bowl beat together the butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix well then stir in the walnuts and raisins. Knead until dough comes together.
3. Divide dough in half and shape into long loaves, 1 1/2 inches thick. Place loaves onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow loaves to cool enough to handle (about 10 minutes). With a sharp knife cut loaves diagonally into 3/4 inch thick slices. Place cut sides down on baking sheets. Bake slices for an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.