Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Eat City Heights

Click here for more info.

Last Saturday I went to the Farmer’s Market a few blocks up the street from my house to pick up a “produce bag” I had reserved. or $15, you get select goodies from the market. Here’s my haul:

eatcityheights

3 limes, 2 oranges, 4 tangerines, 1 pomegranate, 1 persimmon, 3 tomatoes, 3 italian squash, 3 eggplant, 2 guavas, 2 pepper, 1 onion/leek, 2 avocados (X.X), 1 bundle of kale, 1 bundle of spinach, 1 bundle of chard, 1 bundle of cilantro,1 butternut squash, and a handful of green beans.

I gave a few things away to the lady next door like the persimmon and chard because I knew I wouldn’t use them but so far most of the things there have been eaten or tossed into the two soups I made/am making this week.

Don’t think I’ll do it again this week because I’m tight on money but the summer photos of what they have looks sooooo delicious, omg, I can’t believe I missed out on some of that fruit!

Kicked myself for days when I saw them. x)

No comments: